Motes in the Serpent's Eye
Flight Officer (3rd Mate)
Female Human; Age: 30; Height: 5’ 1"; Weight: 125 lbs.
Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d8, Wealth d4, Debt: 0.
Fighting (Simple, Martial) d8, Intimidation d10, Knowledge (Astrogation) d6, Knowledge (Electronics) d6, Knowledge (Ship Systems) d6, Notice d4, Piloting (Vacuum, Atmospheric, Anti-Grav) d6, Shooting (Energy, Vehicle) d6, Survival (Temperate) d6, Swimming d6.
Charisma: – 2; Pace: 6 (+d6) Parry: 6; Toughness: 10 (4).
– Yevon Si never says no to a person in need. She isn’t always happy about it, but she will always come to the rescue of those she feels can’t help themselves. She’s the first one to run into a burning building, volunteer for a holding action while others escape or agree to hunt monsters for little or no pay.
– Yevon Si may not be a hero, but she’d give her life for her crew mates. She will never leave someone behind if there’s any chance at all she could help.
– Phobias are overwhelming and irrational fears that stay with a hero for the rest of their life. Yevon has a deep-seated fear of drowning or being submerged in deep water. Whenever she is in the presence of water deeper than her waist, she subtracts 2 from all her Trait tests.
– Yevon is a stubborn individual who always wants her way and has difficulty admitting when she’s wrong.
– Yevon maintains a noticeable emotional distance from those around her, almost never engaging in small talk or exchanging personal anecdotes and rarely socializing. This minimal social contact has been noted by her crew-mates and given her a reputation for being standoffish. This gives her a – 2 to Charisma.
– Those with this Edge have learned to master their fear. Or perhaps Yevon is just so emotionally distant she’s just lost her normal “fight or flight” responses. Either way, she adds + 2 to Fear tests.
– The Speaks Softly’s Flight Officer has more lives than a truckload of cats. When forced to make Vigor rolls due to Incapacitation, she may ignore her wound modifiers. This only applies to Vigor rolls called for to resist Incapacitation or death (see SWD68). She still suffers from wound modifiers for other Trait rolls normally.
– Yevon’s style of hand-to-hand combat involves frequent trips and throws. If unarmed and in close combat, she can make an opposed Fighting roll versus her target. If the opponent is armed, they gain a + 2 bonus versus the roll under the Unarmed Defender rule. On a success, Yevon may place her opponent in any spot within 1” of herself. That opponent is now prone. With a raise, the opponent is also Shaken. If already Shaken, the opponent takes a wound.
– The character may spend a Benny to reroll any one damage roll, including those made for area effect attacks.
– Yevon has learned to fight on through the most intense pain. She may ignore 1 point of wound penalties.
Commlink, uniform, personal data device connected to the ship’s systems, Blaster Pistol (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, 100 Shots, SA, AP 2), Body Armor (+ 4 Armor and negates up to 4 points of AP from ballistic attacks).
“Do I make myself clear or do we need to speak to the Captain about this?”
Common d8, Draconic d8, Halfling d8, Abyssal d8.
A young human woman hailing from Baranda III, Yevon is auburn-haired and green-eyed, slim and fit. Professional, and observant, with a cool demeanor, she possesses a razor-sharp sense of humor when she deems it appropriate to display (which is rarely).