Motes in the Serpent's Eye
Ellywick K. Frothelthimble
Communications & Information Systems Tech
Ellywick Kisseljammer Frothelthimble
Female Gnome; Age: 64; Height: 3’ 4"; Weight: 41 lbs.; Alignment: Chaotic Good
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6, Wealth d4, Debt: 0.
Boating (Sailed) d4, Driving (Civilian Transports) d4; Fighting (Simple) d4; Gambling d4; Investigation d4; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Knowledge (Computers) d8; Knowledge (Electronics) d6; Knowledge (Ships Systems) d6; Notice d4; Persuasion d6; Piloting (Atmospheric) d4; Repair d6; Shooting (Energy) d6; Swimming d4.
Charisma: 2 Pace: 5 (+d6) Parry: Toughness:
– Gnomes have a Pace of 5".
– Gnomes average only about 4’ tall. Their small size subtracts 1 from their Toughness and gives them a Size of – 1.
– When Elly gets excited her speech speed ramps up sometimes to the point where she has to stop to catch her breath before she completes one gigantic run-on sentence.
– Your hero has learned how to work with others, even those
who might be somewhat opposed to her or her efforts. This adds – Gnomes are very clever. They start with a d6 Smarts instead of d4.
– Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime she’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, she gets a Notice roll at – 2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail her roll, she still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 65).
– Gnomish eyes are accustomed to the dark of the underearth. They ignore penalties for Dim and Dark Lighting.
– Gnomes love knowledge in some form or another. They start with a free d6 in any one Smarts-linked skills.
“Hi! I’m Ellywick Kisseljammer Frothelthimble I know that some folks find that a mouthful, so I’m completely okay with you calling me ‘Elly’ if you want or ‘El’ if you want to really shorten it get it? Shorten? But not ‘Kissy’ or ‘Jam’ I’m not fond of my middle name I’m the C & C tech for the ship that means ‘communications and computers’ you have nice eyes, are they real? Oh! What’s your name?”
Compassionate and playful, Ellywick is opinionated and not the least afraid to demonstrate it. With an inviolable sense of fair play and a ‘team player’ ethic, this young gnome is a valuable member of the crew.