Motes in the Serpent's Eye
Dr. Völund Keystone
Chief Medical Officer
Male Dwarf; Age: 243; Height: 4’ 5"; Weight: 178 lbs.
Agility d, Smarts d, Spirit d, Strength d, Vigor d
Charisma: Pace: (+d) Parry: Toughness:
– Dwarves hold the orcs responsible for the destruction of the Dwarven Commonwealth in the Pre-Empire era. The devastation then was so horrible that it led to the Dwarven Diaspora still talked about to this day. Members of each culture suffer a –4 Charisma when dealing with each other. Unless fettered by other authorities or common goals, individuals of the two races typically attack each other on sight.
– Dwarves have a Pace of 5".
– Dwarves are stout and tough. They start with a d6 Vigor instead of a d4. Additionally, dwarves get a + 2 to any Vigor roll that involves resisting poison effects.
– Dwarves’ great constitution allows them to better withstand the effects of a poor atmosphere with little oxygen. They receive a + 4 to resist the effects of being in this adverse situation.
– Dwarven eyes are accustomed to the dark of the underearth. They ignore penalties for Dim and Dark lighting.
Blaster pistol with laser sight, combat fatigues, dermpatch of cure light wounds, datapad, personal communicator.
“If you look around the table and you can’t tell who the sucker is – it’s you.”
Even though his beard is showing more grey than ginger and his gait has more than a bit of a hitch, Völund can quaff down a keg on his own, out-shout a dragon and out-stomp an ogre. Afterwards he’ll still be able to tell you what your cargo is worth to the last cent. He is possibly the most dangerous person at a card table of anyone aboard the Speaks Softly.