Motes in the Serpent's Eye
Female Siarran; Age: 39; Height: 6’ 7"; Weight: 145 lbs.
Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Fighting (Simple) d6, Climbing d6, Gambling d8, Knowledge (Astrogation) d10, , Knowledge (Chess), Knowledge (Electronics) d6, Knowledge (Mathematics) d6, Knowledge (Ship Systems) d4, Notice d4, Persuasion d6, Piloting (Vacuum) d4, Shooting (Energy) d4, Stealth d6, Swimming d6.
Charisma: 2 Pace: 6 (+d6) Parry: 5 Toughness: 3
– Siarrans are of above-average height, but have very slim builds. This subtracts 1 from their Toughness.
– It killed the cat, and it might kill this siarran as well. Curious characters are easily dragged into any adventure. They have to check out everything and always want to know what’s behind a potential mystery.
– Telliar absolutely despises violence. She won’t fight living characters under any circumstances. She may defend herself, but won’t do anything to permanently harm a sentient, living creature. Note that undeniably evil creatures, undead, demons, and the like are fair game. If forced to fight, she will use non-lethal force if at all possible.
– Due to their four arms, Siarrans get one extra non-movement action per round at no multi-action penalty.
– Telliar has learned how to work with others, even those who might be somewhat opposed to her or her efforts. This adds + 2 to her Charisma.
– Nearly every Siarran knows how to operate in different gravities. Telliar ignores the typical – 2 penalty for operating in a gravity other than her own (see Gravity SFC27).
– Telliar practices a Siarran martial art called Rasharee which emphasizes movement, flexibility and evasion. She is never considered unarmed in combat and so is never subject to the Unarmed Defender rule (SWD76). With a successful unarmed attack, she adds + d4 to her Strength roll (as if she were using a small weapon).
– Rasharee involves some special techniques when focusing on defense. When Telliar uses the Defend maneuver, she may make a Fighting roll. On a success, she gains a + 1 bonus to Parry in addition to the normal + 2 she would get for defending. With a raise, the bonus increases to + 2.
Cyber/Spellware (Strain: 3/4)
– Automatically heals one wound per day and add + 4 to rolls to resist Bleeding Out. 50% chance per day of healing any disease or poison once it gets into the blood stream (assuming the character is still alive).
– Adds + 4 to all Knowledge rolls dealing with electronics.
“Well, well. Look what the storm blew into town.”
Languages: Common d8, Siarran d8, Elven d8, Auran d8.