Motes in the Serpent's Eye
Captain Ni Shen Xau
Captain of the RES Speaks Softly
Captain Ni Shen Xau
Male Half-Elf (High); Age: 61; Height: 5’11"; Weight: 133#
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Fighting (Simple) d6, Gambling d4, Intimidation d8+2, Knowledge (Astrogation) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (Electronics) d6, Knowledge (Ship Systems) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d8, Piloting (Vacuum, Anti-Grav) d6+2, Shooting (Energy, Vehicle) d6, Taunt d6+2.
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
– Half elves aren’t true outsiders (as per the Hindrance of the same name), but neither are they ever quite comfortable around humans or elves as one of their own, so the effect is the same.
– Cyber & Spellware doesn’t take in this spacer’s body. They may never have cyberware or spellware installed. If it is for some reason, it doesn’t function.
– The character may not be a hero, but he’d give his life for his friends. This character can never leave a man behind if there’s any chance at all he could help.
– Serve the Royal Exploratory Service and uphold its ideals – Seek. Discover. Understand.
– Aces are special pilots and drivers who feel more comfortable behind the wheel, throttle, or flight stick than on their own two feet. Aces add + 2 to Boating, Driving, and Piloting rolls. In addition, they may also spend Bennies to make Soak rolls for any vehicle or vessel they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at – 2 (cancelling their usual + 2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
– + 2 Charisma.
– Command is the ability to give clear instructions to surrounding allies and enforce your hero’s will upon them. This makes the character’s compatriots more willing to fight on despite their wounds, and so adds + 1 to their Spirit rolls to recover from being Shaken.
– This Edge signifies a special link between close companions — such as a typical party. It doesn’t matter whether or not the characters get along perfectly or not, they’ve just formed a close and common bond during their epic adventures. A character with this Edge may freely give his Bennies to any other Wild Card he can communicate with. This represents the character giving his verbal or spiritual support to the ally. The player should say what his character is doing to give the support. The gesture could be as complex as a rousing speech, or as simple as a knowing nod.
– Leaders with exceptional reputations and experience in battle inspire the soldiers around them. They add + 2 to Spirit rolls when recovering from being Shaken (this includes the original + 1 bonus for the Command Edge).
– Characters with strong willpower use their voice, steely stares, or quick wits to unnerve their opponents. Strong Willed adds + 2 to a character’s Intimidation and Taunt rolls, as well as his Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
Commlink, uniform, personal data device connected to the ship’s systems, Blaster Pistol (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, 100 Shots, SA, AP 2).
Languages: Common d8, Draconic d8, Elven d8, Orcish d8, Dwarvish d8.
A consummate professional, Xau is likable and appealing, often joking good-naturedly with those around him. Put him in a social setting and he is in his element, his manner smooth and easy. And yet there is steel beneath his light banter and perhaps his smile shows a few too many teeth. Even though he favors his human heritage, his grace and sense of style clearly come from his elven parent. Raven hair, faintly shot with grey, olive skin and piercing black eyes make him a striking member of any group.