Motes in the Serpent's Eye
Lord Serpentce Z'Entropyse Augenmanthias
RES Science Team Data Collection & Management Tech
Lord Serpentce Z’Entropyse Augenmanthias
Male Half-Dragon (Red/Lizard Folk); Age: ??; Height: 5’1"; Weight: 160
Rank: Seasoned (XP: 30)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d4, Wealth d6, Debt: 0.
Climbing d6; Fighting (Simple) d6; Healing d4; Intimidation d4; Investigation d4; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Knowledge (Data Analytics) d4; Notice d8; Persuasion d6; Repair d4; Stealth d8; Streetwise d4.
Bruce, you’ll need the Wizardry skill to cast spells! – C
Charisma: 2 Pace: 6 (+d6) Parry: 5 Toughness: 5 (2)
– Your hero doesn’t think he’s the best – he knows he is. Whatever it is – swordsmanship, kung fu, running – few compare to his skills and he flaunts it every chance he gets. Winning just isn’t enough for your hero. He must completely dominate his opponent. Anytime there is even a shadow of a doubt as to who is better, they must humiliate their opponent and prove they can snatch victory any time they wish. They are the kind of combatant who disarms an opponent in a duel just so they can pick the sword up and hand it back with a smirk. Arrogant heroes always look for the “boss” in battle, attacking lesser minions only if they get in the way.
– Your dragon blood calls out to you to measure your worth in treasure. As per the minor hindrance Greedy from the SWD, half-dragons will argue bitterly over any loot acquired during play and will often allow opportunities to gain treasure to influence their decisions.
– A half-dragon gets their ego from their dragon parent – there’s nothing out there they can’t defeat. At least that’s what half-dragons tend to think. They believe they can do most anything and never want to retreat from a challenge. They are not suicidal, but they certainly tend to take on more than common sense dictates.
-Your character is either very skinny, very short, or both relative to his particular race. Subtract 1 from his Toughness.
– Creator of the popular InfoNet meme “Mezzenbone puts the error in Emperror”
– Wants to work to dethrone Emperor Mezzenbone.
– Half-dragons may appear mortal, but they partake of their dragon parent’s hardiness. Their thick hide counts as + 2 Armor.
– Half-dragons, whether beautiful or hideous, are fascinating to mortals. They gain + 2 to Charisma.
– Half-dragons begin with a d8 in Strength and may raise it to a d12 + 2 via normal advancement; the Professional and Expert Edges may raise it to a d12 + 4.
– A half-dragon detects and “sees” heat, either through eyes or other sensory organs. This allows it to halve penalties for bad lighting when attacking creatures that radiate heat.
– Half-dragons have claws and sharp teeth that cause Str + d6 damage. They never count as an unarmed defender.
– You are able to prepare and cast 2 Novice spells and 4 Cantrips per day. Choose 4 Novice spells to add to your spellbook. Your caster rank is Novice when casting wizard spells.
– This individual is particularly resistant to magic (including psionics, weird science, etc.), whether by nature or by heritage. He acts as if he had 2 points of Armor when hit by damage-causing arcane powers, and adds + 2 to his Trait rolls when resisting opposed powers. Even friendly arcane powers must subtract this modifier to affect the resistant hero.
– As above but Armor and resistance are increased to 4.
– Assassins are trained killers who know how to kill with deadly precision — if they can properly approach their prey. Assassins add + 2 to any damage roll where they strike a foe unawares (even with ranged attacks).
– You are now able to prepare and cast 2 Seasoned spells and 4 spells of each lower rank per day. Choose 4 more spells of up to Seasoned rank to add to your spellbook. Your caster rank is now Seasoned when casting wizard spells.
– You’ve learned to visualize the form of your spells, rather than shaping them in the air with your hands. You no longer need to make gestures when casting spells.
– You’ve learned to form the words of your spells within your mind, rather than speaking them out loud. You no longer need to speak incantations when casting spells.
Caster Rank: Seasoned (Wizard)
Wizard Spells Slots per Day: 4/4/2
Prepared Cantrips: To Be Determined
Prepared Novice Spells: To Be Determined
Prepared Seasoned Spells: To Be Determined
Cantrips: Acid Orb, Aegis, Arcane Signature, Dazzle, Decipher Magic, Flash, Ghostly Lights, Ghostly Sound, Jet of Flame, Light, Mend Object, Open/Close Portal, Prestidigitation, Ray of Cold, Ray of Light, Sense Magic, Sense Poison, Telekinetic Touch, Touch of Weariness, Whispered Message
Novice: To Be Determined
Seasoned: To Be Determined
Languages: Common d8, Draconic d8 Bruce, starting languages are 1+(SMARTS/2) -C
Quote: “Mezzenbone puts the error in Emperror”